Wednesday, September 17, 2008

interim critique

Today we had our interim critique for our box for 12 twigs project. the most common issue for the projects over all was probably the craftsmanship. this is sort of ironic because we had to read an article about craftsmanship this week. For my own project this issue applies. i was told that i could use a black tape instead of coloring my cream colored tape black which is something i am going to investigate.
Another issue that we found in a lot of the projects was the focus, and relating to your precedent not too literally. if your precedent is a flower, it doesn't have to look exactly like a flower because that takes away from the focus of the 12 twigs which is what the project is really about.
One issue that we had in our critique was making sure everything had a reason, and everything related to each other. we had people saying that the reason why the did something was cause it looked cool, or they were playing around with paper and then it just happened. with my personal project i said that i made my box black and it looked like leather but that really didn't have anything to do with my 12 twigs or my precedent which was a CD case, so i have to find a reason for the surface of my box.
overall i think the issues that we came up with in the critique today will help me improve my project a lot. i have ideas now on how to change my box for the better and i got a lot of constructive feed back.

No comments: