Monday, October 6, 2008

Comparing Unity Projects



I decided to compare my project with Neal's project. Our projects are very different yet there are still some similarities. Neal's project has more movement than mine however in my project is take advantage of the aspects of simplification in that my project has simple modules that are repeated throughout the project. In Neal's project he manipulates the planes so that they curve, this is very different from my project in that my planes remain straight. The proximity of my levels and planes being together is closer than the proximity of Neal's planes to his base. Another part of this that differs from my project is that his project has a base and my project does not. Some similarities of our projects are that we both have layers or levels. Neal's project has 3 levels while mine has six. Both of our projects create some sense of pattern. The three wave like levels create pattern in his project while the spiraled openings of my six levels create pattern in my project. Neal's project seems to expand and stretch out more horizontally while mine clearly expands and stretches upwards vertically. My project uses more alignment than Neal's project in that all my rods align and all my planes align. Both of our projects have a sense of continuation in that my modules continue upwards while his plans continue horizontally. Both of our projects have a sense of the Gestalt theory in that The whole is greater than the sum of the parts. We both created separate pieces that were put together to create one unified project that works better together than apart. 

No comments: