Thursday, October 23, 2008

dialog critique

how is dialog created?....
In my project the dialog was created by having two obvious spaces, one space was much smaller and was located inside of the larger space, also both of the spaces were very geometric. some of the other projects that people made created dialog in different ways. one was two separate pieces that looked exactly the same which created dialog when you put them together. Another project created dialog through proximity, when the pieces were together they created three spaces but as you made the proximity further apart it created two spaces.

How is a sense of space/place defined?...
In my project a sense of space was defined by two clearly open spaces. All of the projects had a sense of space in that the assignment was to create two spaces. some of the projects had larger and less defined spaces, some of the projects had clearly defined spaces.

How is the idea of system generated?...
In my project the idea of system was generated by the fact that my project was a bunch of the same pieces put together to form one piece.

How does the joinery support the project concept/strategies?...
The joinery is important in all the projects. the craft of the joinery played a large part in the quality and success of the projects. i fell that my dialog project had way better joinery that my unity project. it helped that we had the assignment to create a joint that would be used in our projects in the best craft possible. the joinery differed in each project for example my project was very planer and used glue, some of the projects joined using just the sticks and paper.

How is scale utilized in the project?...
Scale is utilized in my project in that i made one of the spaces larger than the other space, but not so much larger that they would not have an even dialog.

How do two dimensional images add to the understanding of the project?...
two dimensional drawings add a lot to all the projects. you are able to see more detail that you can not get with just the final model. some of the images showed the ideas that came before the project was finalized. the graphics show more of the concepts behind the project that you don't get from just looking at the projects.

How did the initial project idea evolve?...
My original idea turned out to be more like my final idea that my second iteration. my original idea was influenced a lot by my unity project in that i used glue to join the skewers and Bristol board. it was a lot smaller and more vertical than my unity project. My original was very bland it was a triangle and a parallelogram, i tried adding more to the conversation by folding the paper but it looked sloppy. my project evolved into a space inside of a space.

No comments: